Protect Your Critical Files Online
Your financial records and other important documents and data are crucial to your ongoing business or organization.
When disaster strikes you want access to those files so you can continue on and beat those statistics you read about failing businesses.
CloudPockets Backup lets you perform hybrid onsite and online backups for Windows, Mac, and Linux, with military grade security and PIPEDA compliance by keeping your backup data in Canada.
How It Works
Install a software client on your server, desktop or laptop and configure your backup settings for that device. Select your data to be backed up, schedule run times, and select the backup destination. Backups run in the background and are light enough that you can use the computer while a backup is being performed.
You receive an email notification after every backup run so that you always know the status of your backups.
Our online Backup Service is feature rich, see the full feature comparison.
- For desktops clients you can intuitively select common data sources:
- Server clients include agents for IBM Lotus Domino, IBM Lotus Notes, Microsoft Exchange Server Database, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL Database, Oracle Database, Windows System, Windows Systems State backup. We have additional agents for VMWare and Hyper-V backups.
- After the first full backup all subsequent backups are incremental by default and have a retention period of seven days. All parameters are customizable.
- Backups run automatically, in the background, as long as the computer is on. You will want to review your internet connectivity with specific focus on upload speeds to ensure you have capacity for your data transmissions.
- Backups are secured using 256-bit full length AES encryption right on the computer before any data is transmitted, and all transmission are SSL secured to our backup servers, only you know the encryption key.
- All online backup data remains in Canada in PIPEDA compliant data centers and built in redundancies for protection and connectivity.
How To Get Started
- Sign Up – We’ll send you an email with all your account information, and a link to download the cloud backup software client
- Install – Install our Backup Service software client on any Windows, Mac, Linux computer, it only takes 5 minutes
- Configure – Login using the client, then point and click to backup emails, documents, pictures, etc, or select the files and folders you want. Schedule the time you want to backup (often overnight).
- Let it run – Save your configuration and let it run! Our software client runs in the background and you can use your computer while cloud backups are running. After every backup you get a notification email about that backup
Why Backup In Canada?
Backing up your files in the U.S. (did you know most providers keep your data there?) means they are subject to the Patriot Act and other American security and privacy laws.
If you put your backup data in the US, according to the January 2012 Cloud Computing Report by the Law Society of British Columbia, there are over 10,000 US-based government agencies that could get access to your data without a warrant.
You don’t want that – keep your backup under Canadian security and privacy laws in a PIPEDA compliant data center.
We’re here to help! Contact us for answers to your questions and getting your first backup configured and running smoothly.