Keep Your Data In Canada
Non Profits and Charities understand better than most the requirements for keeping your data within Canada.
You are often mandated, either from the Canadian government, or your own bylaws, to ensure the personal information of your customers and doners remains secured within Canadian borders.
Our backup servers reside in Canadian data centers that are PIPEDA compliant. Your data never leaves Canada.
One Backup Plan, Regardless Of Size
Our Advanced Backup client can manage one computer, or one hundred.
It can be installed on Servers, desktops, and laptop computers and backup disk space is shared across all devices. We have backup client software for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
You can back up documents and files, Windows System State, Oracle and SQL Server data, VMWare and Hyper-V images, and Exchange mailboxes, plus more. You can backup files from shared drives and attached external or NAS drives.
How Does It Work?
You install a small software based backup client on the device you want to backup, or manage your backups from.
This client runs quietly in the background, automatically backing up on the schedule you set. It’s efficient enough to run on a laptop and perform the backup while you are still using the computer.
After the first full backup, all subsequent backups are incremental. Backups are encrypted to military standards right on the device before transmission to our servers and data transmission is secured using SSL technology.
No hardware is required, although you can add a NAS or external hard disk to your internal network for a hybrid local backup.
Your Non Profit Backup plan is based on backup disk space you need. You can backup as many computers as you like under the plan, and it can be changed at any time.
We Can Help
We understand that not everyone is familiar with backup technologies and the 3-2-1 Backup Rule. Backups are an important item that you need to get right.
Help is free! Contact us for help installing and configuring your first backup. We will walk you through it and make sure your data is protected and secure.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- A Lot! Our Standard client for desktops and laptops includes backups for File, IBM Lotus Notes, and Windows System.
- Our Advanced client for Servers and workstations includes agents for file, IBM Lotus Domino, IBM Lotus Notes, Microsoft Exchange Server Database, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL Database, Oracle Database, Windows System, Windows Systems State backup.
- We also have agents to backup VMware and Hyper-V Virtual Machines, and Microsoft Exchange Individual Mailboxes.
Can I just backup one computer?
- You absolutely can, you can backup as little or as many computers as you like, all under one plan.
Can I put both my Servers and Desktops under one plan?
- Yes, you use our Advanced Backup client for this. Our backup plans are based on the total disk space you need – which can be shared between your servers and desktops. Backup schedules can be different for each device and all your devices can be under one convenient plan.
What is the difference between the Standard backup client and the Advanced backup client?
- The Advanced backup client includes more options and Server agents, and is for Servers, desktops and laptops all together under one plan.
- The Standard backup is for desktops/laptops only.
Is the backup automated?
- Yes, our backups run automatically, in the background, on the schedule you choose.
- It will encrypt and compress your backup and send it to our Backup Server in the cloud for safe keeping.
- In the event of a failure your data is ready to recover from wherever you are in the world using our one-button restore of your most up-to-date files.
How long will it take to backup?
- Your first backup will be a full backup and will take longer. The actual time for that first backup will depend on your Internet connection and other factors. However subsequent backups are incremental, very quick, they are only backing up changes. Backups can take as little as a few minutes.
Where is my data being backed up?
- Our backup servers are in secured PIPEDA compliant Canadian data centers, with fire protection, battery backups and other safeguards and redundancies.
- Your backup data will never leave Canada.
Is my data secure?
- We work hard to make sure your data is very secure. All your data is encrypted to the highest standards (256-bit full length AES encryption) before it leaves your computer.
Data is sent, fully encrypted, to our secure data centers within Canada, which are PIPEDA compliant.
The encryption key you set is private to you, we don’t have it, we don’t have access to your data, neither does anyone else, only you do.
How do I restore my data?
- If you suffer an unfortunate disaster and need to recover data you can do so easily from within the backup client.
- Simply select a Restore and retrieve the folders and files you need.
- The restoration time will vary depending on how much you select and the speed of your internet connection.